Christmas in July!


I am always in the mood for Christmas!  It started at a very young age ... and yes this cute little girl with panties showing ... is me!  My parents hosted a Christmas Eve gift exchange for our family and neighbors ... and somebody always played Santa Claus!  My brother David and I were the youngest of 5 kids ... and in this picture ... David probably still 'believed', and I certainly did!  I still do.


Here's a close friend, 'Santa George' ... with Phoebe when she was much younger!  That looks like a sad Phoebe face ... but it is a tired Phoebe face!  She loves Santa George ... and we fear this might be our last year of Santa times ... as she turns 8 right before Christmas!


I enjoy using pink at Christmastime!  This tree is in my sewing room ... decorated with small pink rose china demitasse cups and silk roses.


Here is more pink!  This is my Princess House Fantasia dinnerware in the poinsettia pattern ... which I actually use year round!  You really cannot tell what the flowers are!  The bread 
and butter plate is a pretty Christmas amaryllis.


Here's a beautiful table set with burgundy.  Yes, it is on the front porch ... we actually set this table as part of a photo shoot for a holiday publication!  I'm good with Christmas tablescapes all year long, though!


Here are snowmen in the sunroom ... I love the red and white color scheme for at least one of my holiday rooms!  Sometimes I use a white tree in that room and cover it with red ornaments and lights!



Here's a guest bathroom with poinsettias and snow ladies!  This bathroom is permanently an autumn space because of the wallpaper ... so pinecones and poinsettias work well at Christmastime.



Don't you love this big Santa boot?  It made a perfect centerpiece for a hot chocolate tablescape!  Cute snowmen ... and a big red boot!


Here's a collage of photographs that are in the Christmas cookbook I wrote a few years ago.  "Santa Suppers Revisited" featured the themed menus and holiday tablescapes from a series of dinner parties I hosted for girlfriends who had helped with volunteer projects during the course of the year.  The 'Santa Suppers' have gone on for years!

I posted these past Christmas photo collages so I could party with 




Make sure you click through to get a little Christmas inspiration!  It is never too early to start planning ... and we really should celebrate all year long!

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's