Happy Birthday to Me!


Santa Claus gave my daughter a Nuwave infrared oven, and as soon as she started using it ... I coveted it! I treated myself to one for my birthday and I love it! This post is not a paid endorsement ... I don't do those ... but this is a great product, so I want to share!

If you cook for just a few and you want to follow a healthy diet, this might be for you! I try to conserve energy and time, too. This is a good tool to accomplish those goals!

I was sold, when I discovered you could cook from a frozen state in the same amount of time as a defrosted item. Often times, I buy a family pack of chicken breasts and freeze them individually in marinade or spice rubs. That way, they are oven ready ... so now they will go right into the Nuwave! I seldom fry anything, but who doesn't like that crunchy fried texture? This oven air fries and the result was wonderful!


This delicious venison burger and sweet potato fries meal was ready in 20 minutes! That isn't oil oozing from the fries ... that is the moist interior sweetness seeping through.


I peeled a sweet potato and cut it into strips; salted them; placed them on the bottom rack and cooked them for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I added the top rack and placed two venison burgers (thawed meat) on it and baked for another 8 minutes. Wow!


I used the other half pound of ground venison to make some mini casseroles for the freezer!  This recipe is similar to the "John Wayne Casserole" of the 1960s! I browned the venison with a little chopped onion and green pepper. I added 3 Tablespoons of flour to the meat and created a roux. I added 2 cups of milk ... several grinds of fresh black pepper and a sprinkle of seasoning salt. I stirred the mixture until the sauce thickened; then added about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stirred it in so it melted smoothly. When I composed the casseroles, I added a cup of frozen green peas to the creamy meat mixture.

The base of the casserole is made of hash brown potatoes. I shredded 2 big potatoes and tossed them in a Tablespoon of olive oil ... added a little shredded carrot, minced onion and lots of ground black pepper ...  and pan fried them until they had crispy edges!

Stack the casserole with the potatoes on bottom and the creamy meat mixture on top ... with a final topping of crushed buttery crackers. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes in the Nuwave!

I'll be sharing this post with a couple blog parties that are listed in my sidebar. Click through and join the fun, but check out my home page first! You might find something else you'll enjoy.


February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's